The Cascarelli Story
The Cascarelli's story started in Borgo Partenope, Italy in 1856 when Robert Cascarelli was born. Vincenza Biafore was born in 1874 in a neighboring village, and married Robert Cascarelli in the 1890’s.
Robert immigrated to the U.S in 1883, coming to Albion in 1897, settling at 109 S. Superior. Robert went back to Italy and married and came back to the U.S a few years later. Frank Cascarelli, the fifth child of eight was born in 1903, and came to Homer in 1935, buying a business and building from local Tavern owner Maurice Taylor. This began the Cascarelli evolution in the Village of Homer Michigan and fortunately is still a work in progress. Two years later, Frank purchased the present building and they have remained at that location since. Although it was operated only as a tavern and lunch room until 1964, in February of1965Bob Cascarelli entered the pizza business and anyone who has enjoyed an original Pizza can attest, customers are glad he did!
Bob joined his father in 1957, mostly bartending on weekends, taking time for college and the military, eventually becoming a full-time employee in 1964 working with his father for many years to come. Bob and Frank continued to make one of the best Pizzas in south central Michigan.